QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

New problem: cannot convert FSRed to path RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Chris Caouette

I have snow leopard and 1.1.3 but suddenly I can no longer get Qrecall to run its automated back and I receive the error in the Subject.
I can open and even restore from the backup but that's about it. I repointed to the archive...no good. Creating a new automated strategy didn't work either.
Thanks
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Chris Caouette wrote:I have snow leopard and 1.1.3 but suddenly I can no longer get Qrecall to run its automated back and I receive the error in the Subject.

Chris,

Send a diagnostic report (Help > Send Report...) and we'll see if there are any details in the log file that might help narrow down the problem.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Chris Caouette

Sent!
I should also point out that this is on a drive attached to my airport extreme. Testing a small archive to a locally attached drive worked fine.
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Chris Caouette wrote:I should also point out that this is on a drive attached to my airport extreme.

Thanks for mentioning that, Chris. I would have been scratching my head all day.

It's definitely a problem with the Airport Extreme and/or Snow Leopard. I have a fairly recent Airport Extreme running the latest firmware (7.4.2). I attached a spare drive to it and set up a capture. Within 10 minutes the capture failed with exactly the error that you're getting. I repeated it three times with the same results.

I unplugged the drive from the basestation, and plugged it into my USB hub. So it's the same drive, with the same archive, using the same interface, and capturing from the same computer. I started the capture action again and it ran flawlessly for over an hour (captured about 75GB).

I then moved the drive back to the Airport basestation and set up similar capture to the same archive from my laptop, which is still running Mac OS X 10.5.8. It's been running now for over an hour without any problems.

I'll try to perform some more specific tests this week to determine exactly where the failure is occurring, but for now I don't have much in they way of a suggestion. I suspect that this is a Snow Leopard bug, or Snow Leopard has exposed a flaw in the Airport Extreme. I suspect that there's not much I'll be able to do except reproduce the problem, report it to Apple, and hope they have a workaround or will fix it soon.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

Chris,

The problem is definitely a bug in Snow Leopard, but turned out to be something with a fairly simple workaround. If you want to give it a try, you can download QRecall 1.1.3a6. As usual, follow these steps to upgrade (I swear I'll write a script for this someday):

- Drag your existing QRecall application to the trash (do not empty the trash).
- Download and open the QRecall disk image.
- Drag the new QRecall to your Applications folder, or wherever you have it installed
- Eject the disk image
- Launch the new QRecall. Follow any upgrade instructions.
- You can now empty the trash.

Let me know if this works or if you have any additional problems.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Chris Caouette

Thanks, but now every action reports insufficient disk space (48GB avail), including merge.
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
James Bucanek

Hmmm. I'm not see that here, but let's try this experiment. Open up a Terminal window and issue the command

defaults write com.qrecall.client QRFilePreallocateDisable -boolean true

See if that helps, or not. Either way, send me a diagnostic report (Help > Send Report...) after you've tried it.

Thanks

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Glenn Henshaw

I had the same issue and setup. The new binary and the change in defaults seemed to fix the problem. I've sent a report as well.
James Bucanek

Glenn Henshaw wrote:I've sent a report as well.

Glenn, thanks for the feedback and the diagnostic report.

Just to confirm, is your archive on an Airport Express volume too?

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Chris Caouette

I don't know why I was getting the network error last night but it is fine gain. I'm going to run more tests tonight. Strangly only the iMac was reporting the out of space issue. I'll see how the mac pro does.
Chris

Lots of Macs here!
Glenn Henshaw

James Bucanek wrote:
Glenn Henshaw wrote:I've sent a report as well.

Glenn, thanks for the feedback and the diagnostic report.

Just to confirm, is your archive on an Airport Express volume too?

Yes. It's an AirPort Extreme (802.11n w/ GE, firmware v7.4.2). The drive partition for backup is about 150G. The "not enough space" message reported about 48G free.
Gavin Petken

Getting this error as well, after SL upgrade, but only on 1 out of 3 machines, the Mac Pro. iMacs are fine. Not tried 3a6 yet.

g
James Bucanek

Gavin Petken wrote:Getting this error as well, after SL upgrade, but only on 1 out of 3 machines

Gavin,

Definitely try 1.1.3a6, at least on the computer that's getting the error. It's fixed the majority of problems with Snow Leopard. If you continue to have problems, send a diagnostic report.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Gavin Petken

Upgrade and terminal entry appeared to have done the trick. Thanks for the help.

G

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view