QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

capture issues -- file length change during capture RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Ralph Strauch

I'm seeing log entries for both recaptured files and capture issues attributed to "file length changed during capture" for various log files. Is this normal? Should I just exclude these logs from the capture?

I also see that my qrecall logs for September and October are both under 2MB, while the November log is already over 2.6GB. Has the amount of stuff being logged shot way up for some reason, should it be set back to a lessor level?

I'll send a report
James Bucanek

Ralph Strauch wrote:I'm seeing log entries for both recaptured files and capture issues attributed to "file length changed during capture" for various log files. Is this normal? Should I just exclude these logs from the capture?

This is a new message in QRecall 2.0. It lets you know that a file was being written to at the same time QRecall was trying to capture it. For things like log files, it's not an issue. Log files are always appended to, so what QRecall captures is always valid, even if it didn't get everything.

If it's something more complicated, like a database or document file, it may be a concern when restoring it. It might mean QRecall did not capture a stable copy of the file, and you should careful evaluate such files after restoring them. You might need to restore an earlier, or later, version in order to obtain a usable document.

I also see that my qrecall logs for September and October are both under 2MB, while the November log is already over 2.6GB. Has the amount of stuff being logged shot way up for some reason, should it be set back to a lessor level?

I can't say for sure without looking at the log file, but the beta writes a lot more in the log than the release version.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view