QRecallDownloadIdentity KeysForumsSupport
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
Messages posted by: Paul Mann
Forum Index » Profile for Paul Mann » Messages posted by Paul Mann

I'd love to be able to use El Capitains full screen function and be able to see everything key relating to an archive in front of me.

So having the log in a window attached below the main window, with the Archive status showing on the main screen without having to show it as a another window.

Overall I love the app, but would feel better without a number of extra windows open relating to an archive.

Having the archive status traffic lights (which are great) incorporated into the main window would ideal.

Some feedback from my use

You can probably tell I am not keen on alot of windows being open for the same app.

Regards
James Bucanek wrote:If you can run the QRecall application, send another diagnostic report. (The report will sample the monitor process, if it's running, to tell me what's going on.)

Next, try using the Activity Monitor to kill the QRecall Monitor process and see if it relaunches. That might fix it right there.

If not, try restarting and see if that helps.

Report sent.

Going to reboot now.

Edit: Another report sent after reboot as the Recall Agent beachballs and cannot be killed.
OK thanks, enabled them, but get this message, which when pressed doesn't do anything.

Recall Agent appears to be hanging with a spinning beach ball.
Some progress, so thanks for that

I sent you a log via Recall so hopefully you can see what is going on.

I used the wizard to create an archive on a remote airport drive and it seemed to get itself in a twist and was waiting for the archive to release itself, as something else was writing to it.

There was also a local archive called 'untitled' that was created too, but I only created the one archive on the remote share.

I have gone back to local archive for the moment.

I do have access and the correct permission to access the remote drive.

Edit: I forgot that I do not seem to have the follow options in my services menu either ;

Exclude Items (Per-Item)
Individual filesystem items can now be excluded by setting its QRecall Capture Preferences. To exclude an item, select the item(s) in the Finder and choose the QRecall Capture Preferences… command from the Services menu:
James Bucanek wrote:
Paul Mann wrote:This is what I mean, there are 3 databases in 3 different locations on remote shares and I cannot see where any of them are?

As you pointed out, the Reveal in Finder command won't mount a remote volume just to show you where the archive is. I could change that behavior.

Another enhancement would be to add a help tip to the status window that would display the archive's original path.

You could also give your archives different names.

Thing is it doesn't show you where it is when its on a remote share, as the share ins't mounted

I could give them different names but they are the same data backed up to different locations, so I'd have to differentiate them by where they are located

Ok thanks and updating the gui after seems a perfectly sensible approach.

I recall from v1 thinking that the status dialog box didn't tell me very much either and although I knew the archive name, I didn't know where it was located (as I locate the qrchives on various remote shares)

When the archives are on remote share, it would just fail and I didn't know where to look to open the directory on my server etc.

I may be wrong and to be honest I wanted the encryption, so didn't dig too deep in v1, as I knew you were close with v2

This is what I mean, there are 3 databases in 3 different locations on remote shares and I cannot see where any of them are?

When I right click I do not get 'reveal in finder' if the remote share is not open, but would prefer a 'locate' option to open the share perhaps.

Perhaps having one big archive is the better approach and that is where I am going wrong, but I wanted to separate my archives for specific things and not just have one huge archive.

Ok thanks for that information, sounds good.

It seems to work ok from an existing archive, but I sadly deleted them to start a fresh.

Regards
As I said in another thread, its great now that you managed to get some decent looking features into the v2 beta, especially encryption for me thanks!

I did wonder though, are you planning on updating the look to be a little more Yosemite native, or is the plan to leave that part alone?

Its looks a little dated albeit thats secondary to the data of course!

Edit: Perhaps a harsh comment, but not meant to be, as after using a little more there are subtle nice changes.

As a new user I struggle with not seeing for example 'where' the archive is located that is being actioned, in any of the dialogs showing actions being done.

For me it says capture db name to and nothing more.

Thanks
Great now that you managed to get some decent looking features into the v2 beta, especially encryption for me thanks!

I tried to create a new archive on an Airport disk today and received the following error in the log, after Recall crash.

Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 ------- Create (Unknown)
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 archive: (null)
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Program exception
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Command failed
Action 2015-07-11 12:43:04 ------- Create incomplete (00:00)
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure Create command failed
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 -[DDPath initWithPath:]: absolutePath is nil
QRecall 2015-07-11 12:43:04 Failure -[DDPath initWithPath:]: absolutePath is nil

Edit: It seems this is the error when creating an archive on a local disk too

Hopefully you are planning on supporting El Capitan in this v2 release, or not? (as you mention not much testing being done on El Capitan, but not whether you want it doing unless I missed it)

Regards

Forum Index » Profile for Paul Mann » Messages posted by Paul Mann
Go to: