QRecallDownloadIdentity KeysForumsSupport
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
Messages posted by: Prion
Forum Index » Profile for Prion » Messages posted by Prion
License fee incoming.

James, thanks for your swift response, much appreciated.

It looks like QRecall will become my safety net for when TimeMachine keels over.

I have one other question, if you will. You gave recommendations in another post and also in the documentation that your recommendation for setting up a bootable volume is to first install OS X in its minimal configuration to the external backup drive and then to backup to that volume. Did I get this right or should I create one partition just for the minimal OS and store the full system including apps, data etc on another partition?

Sorry if I appear dense but tomorrow I will install a new harddrive and would like to get it right.

Prion
Hi James

I am working a lot with UNIX packages, e.g. Aperture and Devonthink libraries. How does Qrecall treat these, does it simply chop the digital footprint on disk to manageable pieces to compare those or does it have a concept of UNIX packages being folder-structured internally and compare the actual files inside?

Prion

Forum Index » Profile for Prion » Messages posted by Prion
Go to: