QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Screen Sharing compatibility RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Christian Roth

Hello,

I am running QRecall 1.2.0(55) on a headless server (Mac mini, onboard graphics), which I manage using the Screen Sharing app. Unfortunately, QRecall's new visuals seem not to be compatible with Screen Sharing: While the layers list displays correctly on the controlling remote Mac, the lower section in the window (showing the files in the layer/archive) shows blank except for the grey disclosure triangles.

I assume this is a consequence of QR using the fastest graphics routines available, hence bypassing some hooks in the OS that it uses to detect changes for sending over Screen Sharing? Is there anything I could do about it (some hidden pref in QR) to disable fast drawing, but enable compatibility with Screen Sharing?

Thanks for any hints,
Christian
James Bucanek

Christian Roth wrote:QRecall's new visuals seem not to be compatible with Screen Sharing:

I've noticed the same thing (Mac OS 10.7 client sharing a headless Xserve running OS X 10.6). I find that if I do anything to change the browser display (click on row to select it, scroll, resize the window, etc.) the window redraws correctly.

I assume this is a consequence of QR using the fastest graphics routines available, hence bypassing some hooks in the OS that it uses to detect changes for sending over Screen Sharing?

Alas, I'm not that clever. Most of the revamped user interface is built using Apple's Core Animation, an API introduced in OS X 10.5.

Is there anything I could do about it (some hidden pref in QR) to disable fast drawing, but enable compatibility with Screen Sharing?

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in Screen Sharing. I'll file a bug report with Apple.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view