QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

What to do after a repair RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Stuart Parker

In the case of a Repair, with the 'Copy Recovered Content to New Archive' option set, what steps should be taken after it has finished? The repair had to be run because when the original archive was opened it would only give the repair option.
Should I delete the original archive and rename the recovered archive to the same name as the original archive?

Does this type of repair only copy the good data, & if so, how can I determine what wasn't copied, or is this not determinable?

cheers
Stuart
James Bucanek

Stuart Parker wrote:In the case of a Repair, with the 'Copy Recovered Content to New Archive' option set, what steps should be taken after it has finished? The repair had to be run because when the original archive was opened it would only give the repair option.
Should I delete the original archive and rename the recovered archive to the same name as the original archive?
If the repair was successful (and it sounds like it was), then yes; You can delete the original archive and replace it with the repaired one.

Does this type of repair only copy the good data, & if so, how can I determine what wasn't copied, or is this not determinable?
During the repair, QRecall will log what problems it encountered. It can't always determine exactly what is missing -- the nature of bad data is that it's bad. If there are no warnings about bad files or data in the log then most likely nothing was lost.

The other two repair options (Recover Lost Files and Recover Incomplete Files) can be used to recover file data that might have been lost due to damaged directory or layer information. But again, if the repair didn't log any warnings about damaged directories or layers then are aren't any orphaned files to recover.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view