QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Two Beta Issues RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Bruce Giles

I've noticed two issues with recent betas. I'm not sure if these are actually problems, or just due to the fact that these are betas.

1. In the QuickStart menu, the Check for Updates pop-up menu defaults to blank. If I click on the menu, I see "Manually", "Every Startup", "One a Day", and "Once a Week". There's a blank line below "Once a week", with a checkmark beside it. I can choose one of the other options, and it appears to work. If I click on the menu again, the blank line is gone, and the option I selected is checked, but after quitting and restarting QRecall, the blank option is selected again. Despite that, QRecall does notify me of new updates.

2. The second issue is that after every installation of a new beta, I get asked to authorize with my username and password. No problem so far. But then when I check Preferences, Authorization, the "Capture and recall items using administrative privileges" checkbox is checked, as I wanted, but the button below always says "Preauthorize..." So I click it, and it changes to "Cancel Preauthorization". It does not ask for my username and password again. I presume this is because it's only been a few seconds since I initially entered them, so that authorization is still in effect. My question is why the "Preauthorize" setting appears not to stick between installs. Should it, or is this expected behavior? Once I've set it to Preauthorize, it retains that setting until I install the next beta.

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Bruce Giles wrote:I've noticed two issues with recent betas. I'm not sure if these are actually problems, or just due to the fact that these are betas.

They're actual problems.

1. In the QuickStart menu, the Check for Updates pop-up menu defaults to blank. If I click on the menu, I see "Manually", "Every Startup", "One a Day", and "Once a Week". There's a blank line below "Once a week", with a checkmark beside it. I can choose one of the other options, and it appears to work. If I click on the menu again, the blank line is gone, and the option I selected is checked, but after quitting and restarting QRecall, the blank option is selected again. Despite that, QRecall does notify me of new updates.

I'm pretty sure this one is fixed, because I remember fixing it. Unfortunely, it was fixed in the main development trunk, which is currently undergoing surgery and doesn't build, so I can't verify that. When it does build, I'll double check. It should show up in the beta sometime in the next month.

2. The second issue is that after every installation of a new beta, I get asked to authorize with my username and password. No problem so far. But then when I check Preferences, Authorization, the "Capture and recall items using administrative privileges" checkbox is checked, as I wanted, but the button below always says "Preauthorize..." So I click it, and it changes to "Cancel Preauthorization". It does not ask for my username and password again. I presume this is because it's only been a few seconds since I initially entered them, so that authorization is still in effect. My question is why the "Preauthorize" setting appears not to stick between installs. Should it, or is this expected behavior? Once I've set it to Preauthorize, it retains that setting until I install the next beta.

I just upgraded one of my test machines to b23, and I can confirm that this is happening. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'll investigate. I can confirm that the problem is just the button label. During the upgrade, the helper tool does get pre-authorized, but for some reason the preferences window doesn't see the change.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view