QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Question about renaming folders RSS feed
Forum Index » General
RJ Muna

If I change the name of a folder, will QRecall recognize that change or will it try to back up what it thinks is a new folder?
The folder in question holds 300GB, so if a simple change of the folder name prompts a new 300GB layer in QRecall, it will fill up my backup volume, and the Action will break.
James Bucanek

RJ Muna wrote:If I change the name of a folder, will QRecall recognize that change or will it try to back up what it thinks is a new folder?

QRecall organizes items by path, so it will see it as a new folder and capture it.

The folder in question holds 300GB, so if a simple change of the folder name prompts a new 300GB layer in QRecall, it will fill up my backup volume, and the Action will break.

No new data will be added to your archive.

QRecall performs block-level de-duplication. It can't be fooled by renaming, moving, copying, concatenating, appending, or splitting files. If a file contains a block of data that is identical to a block of data that's already been captured (in any other file, on any volume, by any owner), that block of data is not added to the archive again.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view