QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Stack Ownership RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Darryl Tooth

I just tried backing upo to my stack on my goggle drive and now have received this error. Stack ownership - this belongs to a different archive when in fact it is the same archive! How can I make it recognise the archive as I dont really fancy uploading another 2TB of data?
  • [Thumb - Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 10.21.02.png]
 Filename Screen Shot 2023-07-13 at 10.21.02.png [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  95 time(s)

James Bucanek

Darryl,

Did you, by chance, "test" the stack feature by recovering the stack to a new archive? If you did, you've run the risk of reassigning the archive identifier of the original archive, so the stack now belongs to the archive you recovered, not the original.

There's a long discussion about this in the help: QRecall Help > Guide > Stacks > Recover an Archive > Archive Doppelgängers.

If you still have the recovered archive, use the steps in the "Archive Doppelgängers" sidebar to exchange the identifiers. If you don't, you can recover the stack again (just the empty archive, don't transfer any slices back), swap the identifier, and then discard the temporary archive.

But you can only do this if you haven't performed any slice transfers from the recovered archive to the stack. In other words, you didn't recover an archive from the stack, perform some captures, upload those slices, and then say "Hey, that seems to work, I'm going back to the old archive now."

If you did do the latter, or anything similar, then the safe solution is to delete your archive and recover the entire archive from the stack.

And send a diagnostic report (Help > Send Report) just so we can review your log to make sure something else isn't going on.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Darryl Tooth

No. I havent tested that feature... i havent done anything bar have an action setup to cascade a few times a day.

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view