QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Where to send crash reports? RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Alex Harper

While testing QRecall as a Time Machine replacement, I've had 3-5 monitor crashes. Where can I send crash reports? I'd prefer not to send a "diagnostic" report whose contents I cannot audit, and it appears there's no support address for presales users.
James Bucanek

Alex,

Here?s what the Send Diagnostic report includes:

• The comments and email address you enter into the Send Diagnostic dialog

• An anonymous system profile

• The last 20MB of QRecall log entries

• Your preference settings

• The actions you have defined

• Any crash reports stored in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter who name starts with QRecall.

• That information is then ZIP?d and uploaded to the diagnostic report server. The shell script that prepares this is named ?buildreport.sh? and is part of the QRecall application package.

Since most of that information is useful for diagnostics, it helps to send it all. If you?re still unconformatable using the built-in report upload feature, do this:

• Create a folder (it can be anywhere, even on the desktop).

• Save a plain ASCII text file inside that folder named ?comments.txt? containing whatever comments you have about the report.

• Open the Terminal.

• Use the terminal to navigate to the buildreport.sh script inside the QRecall.app bundle.

• In Terminal, execute the buildreport.sh script. The first argument must be the empty folder your created in the first step.

• When the script is done, the folder will contain a report.zip file containing the diagnostic information. If you?re satisfied with its content, send that zip file to support (mailto:support).

Or, just send whatever you want to support and we?ll figure it out.

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
    Go to:   
    Mobile view