QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Will QRecall support REV drives and spanning across volumes RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Bob Fairbairn

Hello,

This is a pre-sale question. I am using REV drives to backup off site to my safe deposit box. I am to the point I do not want to manually drag and drop my files and my photo library is larger than a single drive. I cannot see if the program will span drives on output so my 50 gb or so will cross two drives. Is this possible?
James Bucanek

A QRecall archive will not span volumes. The very nature of how QRecall works requires that entire contents of the archive be available while capturing new data, so typical volume spanning won't work.

You might find that you can split up your source material and capture one portion to an archive on one drive and another portion to a second archive on a second drive. QRecall's duplicate data detection and compression[1] might allow you to store half of your data plus quite a bit of history on a single volume. You can obtain a free trial identity key to see just how efficiently QRecall can pack data on your drive.

Backing up each data set to its respective volume can be completely automated.

[1] Photo collections are already pretty well compressed, so compression won't help much for this type of file.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view