QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

XRay search and keep deleted files RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Johannes

On my testing today I thought I found an other "not captured" issue, but it turned out to be a misunderstanding on my side. I searched for a deleted file and could not find it in the Archive until I found this thread:
http://forums.qrecall.com/posts/list/217.page#955 (How can I search for a file across layers?)
So it seems, that the x-ray view mentioned there is still not available in the resent beta/alpha (1.2 b25), right? I think this is essential. People will get heart attacks when they fire up the Backup in search for an accidentally deleted file and can't find it in the backup either. QRecalls behavior is logical from the technical point of view, but confusing from a users perspective. I hope this feature will come soon.

I also discovered this thread:
http://forums.qrecall.com/posts/list/221.page#975 (Request for true "merge" operation)
This "Keep Last Version" feature would make QRecall stand out even more! This will solve an issue that no other program (at least to my knowledge) deals about in a reasonable manner. It would make archiving part of the backup without extra thoughts.

Johannes

James Bucanek

Johannes,

Both of these features are on the way, but both require substantial changes to the user interface code—which is being rewritten right now.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Johannes

James Bucanek wrote:Both of these features are on the way, but both require substantial changes to the user interface code—which is being rewritten right now.

Great! Any timeframe?
Are you still interested in feedback for the current UI? Or are things already settled for the new UI, so we better not waste time on the old stuff?

Johannes
James Bucanek

Johannes wrote:Great! Any timeframe?

Yes, I hoped to have it done by November.

Are you still interested in feedback for the current UI? Or are things already settled for the new UI, so we better not waste time on the old stuff?

The new interface is radically different, so there's not much point critiquing it. On the other hand, if there's any features you really like about the old interface that you'd like to see preserved, speak up now.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Johannes

James Bucanek wrote:The new interface is radically different, so there's not much point critiquing it. On the other hand, if there's any features you really like about the old interface that you'd like to see preserved, speak up now.

Im looking forward to see the new interface and hope that November will come soon
If you don't mind me saying it plainly: the resent interface does not really mach the excellent features and under the hood technics of QRecall (but I've seen Backup programs with worse interfaces)

Johannes

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view