QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Can't add to Archive after 1.0.1 upgrade RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Glenn Henshaw

After upgrading to 1.0.1, I cannot add to a pre-existing archive. The activity panel is stuck saying "waiting for archive". The log file says "waiting for permission to open archive".

This archive was started with a demo key. The first try was with this key, I upgraded to a permanent key with no change.
James Bucanek

The "waiting for archive" occurs when QRecall believes that some other process has the archive document open for reading or writing. Could you describe the arrangement (whether the archive is on an external drive or a network volume, etc.). It would also be extremely helpful if you sent me your log file (~/Library/Logs/QRecall/QRecall.log).

The type of identity key shouldn't make any difference in this case.

I'm curious to why the problem occurred, but I suspect that a restart will solve it.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Glenn Henshaw

Problem solved...

The target volume is an AirDisk (on an Airport Extreme). The latest Airport upgrade seems to have scrambled the passwords and allowed Guests to read any files, instead of the previous "no access".

THanks for the advice.

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view