QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

When Capturing RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Roger Schriner

When I run an action I see files that have not been modified and I would think they would have been backed up on the initial backup.
Is this correct?
James Bucanek

Roger Schriner wrote:When I run an action I see files that have not been modified and I would think they would have been backed up on the initial backup.
Is this correct?
That is correct.

However, QRecall will consider a file to be "changed," and subsequently recapture it, if anything about the file has changed. This includes entirely innocuous things like changes to its metadata, file permissions, and so on. In essence, if anything about a file that QRecall has previously captured appears to be different, the file is recaptured.

Also note that that the capture status display will show a folder being recaptured if it contains invisible or hidden items that might have changed. It's very common for the OS and Finder to modify invisible files within a folder or application. QRecall to display "Capturing Folder Whatever" while is examines those invisible files.

If you are really curious as to why QRecall is recapturing an item, set the QRLogCaptureDecisions option (see Advanced QRecall Settings) and preform another capture. You can then look in the log to see the (first) reason why QRecall decided recapture each item.

Remember to turn this option off when you're done, as it will create monstrous log files if left on.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view