QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Will this product allow me to create an archive of a folder everyday named that day RSS feed
Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Gregory Steddin

I have a folder of Databases that i want to freeze in time every day at 11:45 PM.

I want something to run today that creates a folder 06/16/2008 and copies my live data into it.
James Bucanek

To accomplish what you want using QRecall, you would create an archive and schedule it to capture your database folder every day at 11:45 PM. (The Capture Assistant will walk you through the setup.) At 11:45 PM tonight QRecall will capture the folder, adding a new layer in the archive. This new layer (dated 6/16/2008 11:45 PM) will contains the files in that folder as they existed at the moment they were captured.

You can later browse the layers in the archive and recall the folder as it existed at a previous date.

QRecall is particularly efficient when dealing with database and multimedia files; It only captures the data that actually changed in each file rather than making a copy of the entire database every day.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Cookbook and FAQ
Go to:   
Mobile view