QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

QRecall 1.10(6) beta - QRecallHelper quiting RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Joe Vantaggi

James,
Backing up a folder on a shared drive to a drive directly connected to that machine will result in the QRecallHelper quiting and then erroring out.

The log shows a Lost connection with command/Connection with command process closed/process exception prior to the following:

Unable to connect with helper/cannot establish a connection with helper/Bug exception/Port: QRecallHelper.26334873

Let me know what else I can share with you.

Joe
James Bucanek

Please send me your log files (~/Library/Logs/QRecall) and any crash report files that begin with QRecall (~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter or /Library/Logs/CrashReporter).

You can send them directly to me or upload them to the forum.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
James Bucanek

Joe,

Thanks for the log file and crash reports. The problem was caused by a bug that incorrectly handled the situation where a volume does not support Leopard's directory change notifications.

Try this version: QRecall 1.1(8) beta

Download the disk image and open it.
Locate your existing QRecall application and drag it to the Trash.
Copy the new version to your Applications folder and launch it.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Joe Vantaggi

James,

The new version fixed the problem. So far everything is working great.
Any way to make backing up over a network go faster?
;^)

I'm getting terrible speeds on my old 802.11b network. Looks like I need to upgrade my router.

Thanks for the quick fix on the beta.

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view