QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

big data and synchro RSS feed
Forum Index » General
gery houiller

Hello
I'd like to buy qRecall but I need to validate
some technical issues.
I do synchronize 2 Xserve servers with 1.5 TB of remote data
by an ADSL line.
Is that your software can handle as much data and how
long does it take to verify the state files a knowing synchronize
it has 30 gigabytes of data per month amended.
Is it necessary to check the status of each file every day or do you use the tool of verification of time machine in the mac os 10.5.4 to avoid to scan all files.
thank you.
--
James Bucanek

gery houiller wrote:I do synchronize 2 Xserve servers with 1.5 TB of remote data by an ADSL line.
That's a lot of data to try to capture via a DSL connection. Right now, QRecall only writes to mountable volumes. So you would have to mount the volume with the archive using some form of remote file services, such as AppleShare IP.

Is that your software can handle as much data and how
long does it take to verify the state files a knowing synchronize
it has 30 gigabytes of data per month amended.
It can handle that much data, but there are too many variables to say how long it will take. My only suggestion would be to get a trial identity key and run a test.

Is it necessary to check the status of each file every day or do you use the tool of verification of time machine in the mac os 10.5.4 to avoid to scan all files.
QRecall uses the same file system change event technique that Time Machines uses under OS X 10.5. However, this can't be trusted indefinitely. There are a number of subtle situations where OS X 10.5's change information can be inaccurate. So approximately once a week, QRecall will ignore the change information and perform a deep scan of every item on the volume. This period can be adjusted.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Ron King

I have the new Mac Pro with 2 harddrives. Although I want to back up the system hard drive, I need to back up the second hard drive as well. I also have an external drive with numerous critical files that need backing up.

It does not appear that QRecall can back these up......

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view