QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

problem with scroll bar not appearing... RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steve Mayer

Hi,

I'm using version 1.1.0(37) and just discovered a problem on one of my machines.

When I've opened an archive, the scrollbar for the layer window is missing the scrollbar completely. The list window at the bottom has its scrollbar, but not the top layer window.

This is on an iMac G5 running OSX 10.5.5. On my Intel MacBook Pro running the same os version and QRecall version, I'm not seeing this issue.

Any ideas? Here's a screenshot http://img.skitch.com/20081119-f8k19npissgsd68cjr8knk83dg.jpg

Thanks,

Steve
James Bucanek

Try resizing the window and moving the separator bar between the layer browser and the item browser.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

- Choose Archive > Settings... and make note of your settings.
- Close the archive window
- In the Finder, right/control+click on the archive and choose Show Package Contents
- Drag the settings.plist file out of the archive package. E-mail me a copy.
- Reopen the archive in QRecall. See if your scroll bar has returned.
- Choose Archive > Settings... and restore any archive settings that were forgotten.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

Doh! I had tried resizing the window, but not the top layer section.

I've found out part of the issue I think:

1. I've got OSX configured to have double arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

2. I believe that because this "reserves" certain scroll bar real estate for the arrows, once a window shrinks to a certain size, even if there enough items to warrant the scroll bar showing up, it will not as the window has shrunk down to a size smaller than will allow for both sets of double arrows plus the scroll bar.

Thanks for the advice,

Steve
James Bucanek

Steve Mayer wrote:I've got OSX configured to have double arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.
That's probably it. You are correct, if the scroll bar region gets too small to fit the scroll bar control simply disappears. I thought I had set the minimum size of the layer pane large enough to prevent this, but I didn't consider double arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Steve Mayer

James,

Thanks for confirming this. On my initial archive window I based this on, there are not enough layers to show a scroll bar when resized, and due to the scrollbar sizing issue, there are just enough to make the scroll bar too small (hope that makes sense...).

Steve

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view