QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Update Notifications (and Documentation) RSS feed
Forum Index » Beta Version
Bruce Giles

Does QRecall check for updates when the application isn't running? Would it be possible to post an notification of updates in the Activity Monitor window (possibly as a preference, in case some people don't want that)? I don't launch QRecall very often, because it mostly just does what it does, without needing any interaction from me. So when I *do* launch it, I often discover that one or more beta updates have happened that I wasn't aware of.

Also, are you documenting the new features yet, and how to use them, anywhere other than in the update notification window? Recent versions have added a lot of new features, and I'm sure I'm not using them all (which means not testing them all) simply because I don't remember them all, or don't remember the details on how to use them. I know you've done a bunch of things related to the "Show Deleted Items" command, but searching the Help window for "Show Deleted Items" doesn't turn up any of them.

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Bruce Giles wrote:Does QRecall check for updates when the application isn't running? Would it be possible to post an notification of updates in the Activity Monitor window (possibly as a preference, in case some people don't want that)?

Good idea. I've added that to the wish list.

Also, are you documenting the new features yet, and how to use them, anywhere other than in the update notification window?

The notes you see in the update window can also be perused on the beta release notes page, which you can always get to via the download page.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Beta Version
Go to:   
Mobile view