QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Can't Download QRecall 1.2.2 RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Bruce Giles

Hi James,

QRecall notified me that version 1.2.2 was available, so I tried to update, but it fails. Actually, it's failed repeatedly on two different computers, at two different times, from two different locations. The symptoms are that the download starts, and proceeds rapidly, until it gets to 3.6 out of 11.5 MB. And there it stops. The progress bar stops moving and nothing else happens for about a minute, then I get an "Update Error!" alert that suggests to try again later. Any idea what's wrong?

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Bruce,

I have no idea what the problem might be. I tested the update on three different systems, and I just manually downloaded both the regular and the update disk images from the server, all without incident.

You can always upgrade QRecall by downloading the installation disk image. Double-clicking the Install QRecall application will update your installed application.

If anyone else is having problems updating, please post here or send a diagnostic report (Help > Send Report).

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Bruce Giles

Sorry, the problem turned out to be at my end, not yours. I'll mention the details here just in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

We're using a Sophos (formerly Astaro) Security Gateway, that uses Snort rules for intrusion protection. For some reason, and I don't understand why, at 3.6 megabytes into the download, Snort was reporting this error:

2012:12:14-17:09:49 fw-1 snort[5443]: id="2101" severity="warn" sys="SecureNet" sub="ips" name="Intrusion protection alert" action="drop" reason="WEB-CLIENT OpenOffice TIFF file in big endian format parsing integer overflow attempt" group="310" srcip="69.50.200.162" dstip="192.168.31.11" proto="6" srcport="80" dstport="51340" sid="15976" class="Attempted User Privilege Gain" priority="1" generator="3" msgid="0"

Clearly, your update is not an OpenOffice TIFF file, so this was some sort of false positive. Anyway, I disabled rule # 15976 in the intrusion protection settings in the firewall, tried the download again, and got the update with no problems. I also tried the same thing at the other location, which also had an Astaro/Sophos firewall, and that solved the problem there as well.

-- Bruce
James Bucanek

Bruce,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm glad you figured it out. I guess there must have been something in the disk image file that looked like an imbedded TIFF image.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view