QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Some services (Scheduler) are not responding RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Steven M. Alper

Hi, James!

I haven't seen QRecall active for a really long time. I can't explain why I've let it slide for so long (maybe it got lost and forgotten in the "I'd better take care of that soon" section of the troubleshooting pile in my brain). I had trouble connecting to one of my hard drives last night and once I finally got it connected, I asked myself how it was being backed up. The answer was it wasn't (except online). So I thought I'd launch QRecall and see if I could get it working.

It installed some software on first launch and then reported:
Some services (Scheduler) are not responding. Quit and relaunch the QRecall app. If that doesn't resolve it, try restarting the system.

After multiple relaunches and restarts, I still get the same report. In the log, stretching back as far as it goes, are reports of: Unexpected problem; scheduler stopping immediately.

I've attached the current log file.

Thanks much,

Steve A.
 Filename QRecall.log [Disk] Download
 Description No description given
 Filesize 660 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  24 time(s)

-- Steven M. Alper
James Bucanek

Hello Steven,

For all kinds of reasons, QRecall components can be mis-installed, or get mis-updated, or just don't run.

The simplest solution to these kinds of problems is to completely un-install QRecall and then reinstall it from scratch.

In QRecall 3, this is most thoroughly accomplished using the "uninstall" script included in the QRecall application bundle. To do this, follow these steps:

• Quit all of your other applications (the uninstall will perform a system restart, so you want to make sure you've saved your work).

• Open the Terminal app

• In the terminal, execute this command:
  •     /Applications/QRecall.app/Contents/Resources/uninstall.sh

The command will prompt you for your administrator password, uninstall all active QRecall components, and then restart your system.
    (Note: this assumes QRecall is located in your /Applications folder; if it isn't, adjust the path accordingly.)

• Following the restart, launch the QRecall application and let it reinstall itself.

• That should resolve your problems. Let us know if it doesn't.

- QRecall Development -
    [Email]

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
    Go to:   
    Mobile view