QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Using QRecall and Time Machine RSS feed
Forum Index » General
Adam Horne

I have a 2TB external HD as my recovery drive. I partitioned this drive into (2) sections with 1TB each. Would there be any problem using QRecall on 1 section and Time Machine on the other? Would there be any potential issues? Perhaps I'm being a little too cautious, also...

James Bucanek

Adam Horne wrote:I have a 2TB external HD as my recovery drive. I partitioned this drive into (2) sections with 1TB each. Would there be any problem using QRecall on 1 section and Time Machine on the other?

There shouldn't be any inherent problems, as long as 1GB is sufficient for you backup needs.

Would there be any potential issues?

You could experience performance degradation if QRecall and Time Machine are both copy data to the drive at the same time. So you might want to schedule QRecall to run when Time Machine is normally idle.

Perhaps I'm being a little too cautious, also...

Cautious is good ...

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Adam Horne

Thanks James/
Ralph Strauch

One big disadvantage to using a partitioned drive to keep multiple backups of the same computer is that you give up the redundancy of multiple backups. If (when?) the drive fails, you lose both backups rather than just one. It's much safer to have separate drives for separate backup systems.

Forum Index » General
Go to:   
Mobile view