QRecallDownloadIdentity KeysForumsSupport
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Groups] Back to home page 
Messages posted by: Rene Rasmussen
Forum Index » Profile for Rene Rasmussen » Messages posted by Rene Rasmussen
Yes - generalized scripting would seem to be a good solution. Thanks.
Steven M. Alper wrote:
1. Would it be possible to add a condition which would prevent an action from occurring if a previous verify failed? It would be nice to be able to automatically stop actions which could potentially further corrupt a damaged archive.

Two suggestions:
1) A slight twist on the original question quoted above. Would it be possible to add a condition which would prevent an action from occurring if a previous verify of another archive failed? Why would I want to do that? Well, in the past I've used backup schedules where - for example - I alternate between two destination archives every other day. Let's say a sw bug should mess up Archive_1 while backing up on Monday, then I have Archive_2 from Sunday still intact However, if I don't realize Archive_1 was corrupted until a few days later, then very likely the same sw bug has already corrupted Archive_2 during Tuesday's backup Now if I could tell QR to not proceed with the scheduled backup on Tuesday in such a case, that might help.

2) Would it be possible and make sense to add a condition that runs an AppleScript and uses a result form the AppleScript to decide whether to proceed or not? Reason, for example: To make sure certain disk images are not mounted, before starting the capture.

Thanks!
- Rene
Are there any updates with respect to "Make QRecall File Vault Friendly"? Ideally I'd like to setup QRecall to start only while I'm logged in and after I mount a drive - so in this case my home directory is accessible.

(I'm quite happy with what I've seen so far when testing QRecall at home, and am thinking about using it for my office as well - but here I am using File Vault).
James,
You're absolutely right - my home directory is on a different (removable) drive. That explains. Thanks very much for the super-fast diagnosis and support.

In the preferences the button "Preauthorize..." is enabled (and it does not say anything about already being preauthorized). When I first posted about this, I was using the release version, later I updated to the beta.

In the beta, when I click Preauthorize under preferences, essentially the same thing happens: I enter admin name and password, but there are no signs that it has any effect.

I'll send you the log files by email (probably later once QRecall has completed its task).

Thanks!
Just started trying QRecall. I followed the option for an assisted setup, which seemed to be pretty clear. At some point I could choose whether to pre-authorize QRecall, which I decided to do. Then entered admin name and password and clicked OK. Just took me back to the same screen of the setup, and clicking the Continue button brought back the same dialog about admin name and pw. Repeated, and couldn't get out of this loop until I changed my choise, to delay the decision. From then things progressed without problems (and QRecall is now working hard on 81Gb). Looks very promising! Thanks!

Forum Index » Profile for Rene Rasmussen » Messages posted by Rene Rasmussen
Go to: