QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Deleted Actions still trying to run! RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
David Stevens

hi ,

I had a series of actions set up to backup my whole laptop to an external drive attached to a Mac Mini on my Airport network.

For whatever reason, it never completed any of the actions, and so I decided to give up on that until I get a Time Capsule (which hopefully _will work!).

So I deleted the actions in the QRecall window on my laptop (MacBookPro). But every morning I find the QRecall Activity monitor up on my laptop, with the deleted Compact and Merge actions shown (Stopping). How do I make these go away! And should I have removed the Actions in a different way?

thanks

David
James Bucanek

David Stevens wrote:I had a series of actions set up to backup my whole laptop to an external drive attached to a Mac Mini on my Airport network.

For whatever reason, it never completed any of the actions, and so I decided to give up on that until I get a Time Capsule (which hopefully _will work!).
I can't think of any obvious reason why that shouldn't have worked. If you'd send me you log file(s) (~/Library/Logs/QRecall) I'd be interested in finding out exactly what went wrong.

So I deleted the actions in the QRecall window on my laptop (MacBookPro). But every morning I find the QRecall Activity monitor up on my laptop, with the deleted Compact and Merge actions shown (Stopping). How do I make these go away! And should I have removed the Actions in a different way?
No, removing the actions from the actions window should delete them.

The folder ~/Library/Preferences/QRecall/Actions contains your action documents. If you've deleted all of the actions the Actions window and you still see them in the Actions folder, then something's wrong. Again, your log file might contain some clues.

If you haven't restarted, you might try that and see if that fixes the problem. Let me know if it does, as this would indicate that the scheduler wasn't notified that the actions were deleted.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
David Stevens

hi James,
I tried clicking on the exclamation marks in the Activity window. A little message describing the problem came up, which I ok'ed. Shortly after that the error message faded out. I'll see if it's still gone tomorrow (the Activity was programmed for the middle of the night), and let you know.

David
James Bucanek

Ah, that might be it.

The warning triangle indicates that a problem occurred when the action ran. The action's status will remain in the activity window indefinitely until you click on the warning button and dismiss the error.

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
David Stevens

That _was it. I didn't realise that you had to click and view the messages to dismiss them.

thanks

David

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view