QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

QRecall Hangs RSS feed
Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Public Poster

Hi - I just installed and got a trial key. To test QR, I created a new archive and dragged a 2.5gb folder into the archive. The process hung after a while, displaying the same file count. I believe the message read "creating auto repair file" or words to that effect. The clock kept ticking btw. Ultimately I forced quit.

The archive was located on an external USB 2.0 drive. The folder was on my internal drive.

My QR version is: Version 1.1.0(21) beta (1.1.0.21)

My system info is:
MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon 3Ghz dual (8-core total)
Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17), Kernel Darwin 9.4

QRecall looks great and I'd like to get it to work! I hope you have some tips for trouble shooting my problem.

Thanks
Lance

James Bucanek

To begin with, send a diagnostic report (Help > Send Report...). This will tell me a lot more about what is/was going on.

How is the USB drive formatted (HFS+, MSDOS, ...)?

- QRecall Development -
[Email]
Public Poster

Ok, thanks. I didn't know there was a send report function.

The drive is an internal drive pulled from a mac G4 and now is attached with a temporary connector set from Newer Tech; it's called a Universal Drive adaptor. In other words, it's a naked internal drive, sitting on my desk, with cables attached to it like a patient on life-support.
Formatting is I guess HFS+ Journaled.

I'll have to re-install QRecall and try again. Next time I'll do a send-report.

Thanks
Lance

Forum Index » Problems and Bugs
Go to:   
Mobile view