QRecall Community Forum
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Top Downloads] Top Downloads   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register /  [Login] Login 

Request to add new columns to the layers section of the archive window RSS feed
Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Wayne Fruhwald

Hi James.

Currently Qrecall has columns for: Layer, Date, Size and Items.

I would like to have the ability to have columns for the information contained in the "Captured n items, n KB (n% duplicate)" section of the log file.

For example, I would like to add columns for: Captured, Written, Duplicate, Files, Folders and Rate.

It would also be nice to have a comments field to describe the reason for the capture (e.g. "Before applying Mac OS X 10.5.8 update"). This would also be a column field.

If you feel this would be too much information out-of-the-box, then an option to turn it on could be added.

Regards,
Wayne
James Bucanek

Wayne Fruhwald wrote:Hi James.
Hello, Wayne.

I would like to have the ability to have columns for the information contained in the "Captured n items, n KB (n% duplicate)" section of the log file.

For example, I would like to add columns for: Captured, Written, Duplicate, Files, Folders and Rate.
Unfortunately, those statistics are per-capture, not per-layer. When you merge two layers, there's no reasonable way to recalculate them.

What is sounds like you're interested in is a kind of "capture log" for an archive. I'll put that on the wish list.

It would also be nice to have a comments field to describe the reason for the capture (e.g. "Before applying Mac OS X 10.5.8 update"). This would also be a column field.
A generalized annotation feature is planned for an upcoming version.

Thanks for the suggestions and the feedback.

James
[Email]
Wayne Fruhwald

I didn't think about merging of layers. That would complicate things just a little

A "capture log" would be a good compromise.

Wayne

Forum Index » Suggestions and Feedback
Go to:   
Mobile view